When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 Schwinn B6

-

spitshineschwinn

Finally riding a big boys bike
I bought this one from my postman. It was his dad's boyhood bike, his dad put new tires on it somewhere around 1980 so his son could run a paper route. It was left in a basement for 20 years after that. He said that it never had a tank, and remembered that the fender light had a bad battery leak that destroyed the front fender. I used a lot of elbow grease, bar keepers friend and 0000 steel wool fighting rust. The truss rods and rubber bumper were the only parts on the springer that were replaced. I rebuilt the pedals and replaced the spokes on the rear wheel. The rear New Departure hub was cleaned and re-greased. Seat frame was cleaned and re-painted, local upholstery shop did a nice job re-covering. It turned out to be a nice rider, as long as you are on fairly flat terrain.

184902_498691250735_1652419_n.jpg

IMG_1273.JPG

Back