When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 Schwinn Black Phantom Ames, Iowa

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$1050
Zipcode
Here for your consideration is this barn fresh 1950 Schwinn Black Phantom. It is in amazing shape considering the age with the original paint making a strong showing and all the parts are here - down to the original key for the locking springer. This bike came out of Lincoln, NE so the bike has very little rust. I also presume it was stored in a pretty ideal place.

The bike is a very nice survivor overall with character nicks and scratches throughout but really shows quite well. The headlight lens is not cracked, nor is the taillight and the horn unit is present in the tank. The locking springer fork retains its original key. Overall a VERY complete bike as these items are almost always missing or broken. I have made no attempt to see the working condition of the battery-operated lights and horn, though. The tank appears to be a repop.

A correct “razor” stem steers the bike and the A.S. bolts are present on the seat clamp and springer fork hardware. Schwinn Deluxe block pedals are affixed to the massive crank and sprocket these bikes used.
The Black Phantom decal can be seen on the chainguard in the right lighting but the head badge and “Schwinn Quality” decal on the downtube make a solid showing.

The incorrect chrome wheels could use some cleaning but appear to roll free. The rear tire has been holding air but the front wheel did not have a tube. I will try to source and install a 26’’ tube. Tires are 26’’ x 2.125 Schwinn Balloon whitewalls.

Again, a very nice and complete bike that can be ridden this spring as you clean and service items on it or make a really great start to a minty restoration display piece. The very early serial number F337356 (1949 frame build date!) makes this one of the first and earliest examples of this iconic American classic.

Thanks for looking. Would consider trades for a 1968 Krate or 1964 or 1965 Schwinn Sting-Ray Super Deluxe, otherwise, cash sale in Ames, Iowa are the terms. Shipping is a possibility if needed but I’d want a shop to safely pack it – which you’d be responsible for and shipping costs.

thumbnail_IMG_1199.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1192.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1193.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1194.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1195.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1196.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1197.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1198.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1200.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1210.PNG

Back