When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 Schwinn/Hawthorne First Build

-

cottagethyme

Look Ma, No Hands!
Seeking advice for my modified front end. I acquired a beehive compression front fork but missing truss rods (spring mounts on top of supporting structure). The stem is a standard 7 1/4" and it seems to fit my 1950 Schwinn straight bar frame. I am not sure of the Schwinn model - balloon frame and was painted all navy blue. I'm looking for truss rods that will fit. I believe the distance from the stem bracket position to the truss rod hole near the axle to be 22 1/4". I believe most Hawthorne rounded truss rods are a little longer. I suspect the "7" shaped truss rods will work. I'm trying to stay clear of the beehive so thought I should go with a Hawthorne vs the Schwinn. Anyone have a source or input. Thanks!

Schwinn/Hawthorne

I purchased a girls Hawthorne equipped with "7" truss rods that I believe will fit the 7" fork and Hawthorne beehive. The 1950 Schwinn is now stripped (elbow grease), and a tad of sand, ready for a non-humid day in Michigan - right.

Is there any significance to the B112 imprint on the inside of the right rear dropout?

Back