When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 ? Schwinn World 3 speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnderella

Wore out three sets of tires already!

1950 - First year World (painted fenders). Has the round head badge found on early year world and world traveler. Looks all there and 100% complete / original. Only thing missing is there should have been a chain guard decal saying World (although I don't see this on very early year worlds so maybe they didn't have them...).

Beautiful bike. Looks almost exactly like the '53 Varsity I used to own.

View attachment 1213805
Wow they do look a lot alike, very nice ! Here is my 53 varsity mostly original, the seat is a Schwinn but I think not original and the bars were changed but I think it was done so long ago that I decided to leave them as is. The light colored fenders give mine a very different look, original? I don't know.

Those fenders are cool. As far as I know the only peaked fenders painted white with red striping came on the one year only 50s collegiate ('54). Could have been swapped at the dealer if sold in '54 after the collegiates were out... The saddle is most likely off an earlier schwinn.

Back