When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 Straightbar build.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A little progress today. I still need to get a stem, handlebars, pedals, a rack, reflectors, and another seat. The seat I had for this build was used on another bike.

7B8B6370-B513-4D9A-BEB8-91FD176377D5.jpeg

38463BCD-ADE8-4514-BFEC-CC5B3C429F53.jpeg

Well, I got impatient & tried to clean up a minor flaw on the rear fender, and I botched it all up!
I stripped it back down to bare metal & primed it again.
Wet sanding will commence in the morning for another try.

I’m going to call it a 1951 Deluxe Hornet because I can, and it’ll give the purists something to get indignant about. Gotta give em what they want, makes them feel superior.

Looks pretty good Mark, yet if ya gonna stick out an invite fer anal or knick picker, :D Not sue but maybe pin stripe is tiny wider than original albeit it's a plus B/C the curve looks sweet.

However, unless ya figured it out on last redo, and also IDK why, the guy who sells Kits, stencil sets for most bikes or Schwinn fender and frames, on ebay, Is backward and instructions to do it so too. However, Ya aint suppost-a paint it all white or cream first. Ya dodo the base color, blue, in your case and then the glossy cream décor or pattern on top of that. :p

And if ya really wanna nail it! as in cream décor, the secondary color , the pin striping on fenders are not same glossy cream as décor is but, and are more white, moreover pure white or very close. . Perhaps for further of contrast or need in the production line as, because they're rolled on verses cream and base colors were sprayed on, time tells, Pin stripping on em,, decays, dries out on the fenders and can accidently, in time, wash off, like flat paint do.. And not only white pinstripes too. Example: My 55 Deluxe Green Hornet secondary décor is glossy, a light blue-green/turquoise color IDK 'Sea Green' DuPont I dink, in 50's or somtin, and but,, same colored pin stripes on fenders 'light blue-green /turquoise color ' are flat or very dried out possibly Simi gloss-y, {formula of} paint too. :tonguewink: So, and I don't recall noticing or commenting on anything of yours, but ya left the door wide open! ya need to fricken Grow a pair! (of original fenders) Man. And get it right, dammit man, get it right. [grin]

Last edited:
Looks pretty good Mark, yet if ya gonna stick out an invite fer anal or knick picker, :D Not sue but maybe pin stripe is tiny wider than original albeit it's a plus B/C the curve looks sweet.

However, unless ya figured it out on last redo, and also IDK why, the guy who sells Kits, stencil sets for most bikes or Schwinn fender and frames, Is backward and instructions to do it so. However, Ya aint suppost-a paint it all white or cream first. Ya dodo the base color, blue, in your case and then the décor or pattern on top of that. :p

And if ya really wanna nail it! as in cream décor, the secondary color , the pin striping on fenders are not same glossy cream as décor is but, and are more white, moreover pure white or very close. . Perhaps for further of contrast or need in the production line as, time tells, Pin stripping on em,, decays, dries out and can accidently, in time, wash off, like flat paint do.. And not only white pinstripes too. Example: My 55 Deluxe Green Hornet secondary décor is glossy, a light blue/turquoise color IDK 'Sea Green' in 50's or somtin, and but,, same colored pin stripes on fenders 'light blue/turquoise color ' are flat paint too. :tonguewink:
I agree with everything you said, you can order reverse stencils from the same guy on eBay if you’re anal about what color goes on first. Having said that none of your observations are of concern to me, I simply don’t care.
BTW, thanks on the pinstripe curve comment, few notice that detail.

Last edited:
Back