When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 Straightbar build.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Them Fenders look great! Who really gives a rat's a__ how you did them!
Keep posting your progress your doing a great job!
Some on this forum seem concerned about how others enjoy this hobby enough to act like authorities on the subject, and interject their “expert” opinions in threads just to exert their self perceived importance.
This isn’t exclusive to bike forums, self important folks are everywhere you go.

I’m going to call it a 1951 Deluxe Hornet because I can, and it’ll give the purists something to get indignant about. Gotta give em what they want, makes them feel superior.
What is your definition of a purist? You can certainly paint your bike any way you want, use whatever parts you want, or call it whatever you want. We all have different tastes and most of us are limited by skills, time, or money to do a topflite restoration. The important thing is to enjoy this as a hobby. I prefer to do mine as correctly as possible. So am I 'anal' when I want to try and replicate how the factory did it? Is it 'anal' to find an original part to get a color match off of? Is it 'anal' to try and track down correct parts because that's the way I want to do my bike? I generally don't comment on the correctness of a bike unless the OP asks what is/isn't correct or someone refurbishes a bike with wrong colors, patterns, or components and then makes the statement that their bike is restored. V/r Shawn

What is your definition of a purist? You can certainly paint your bike any way you want, use whatever parts you want, or call it whatever you want. We all have different tastes and most of us are limited by skills, time, or money to do a topflite restoration. The important thing is to enjoy this as a hobby. I prefer to do mine as correctly as possible. So am I 'anal' when I want to try and replicate how the factory did it? Is it 'anal' to find an original part to get a color match off of? Is it 'anal' to try and track down correct parts because that's the way I want to do my bike? I generally don't comment on the correctness of a bike unless the OP asks what is/isn't correct or someone refurbishes a bike with wrong colors, patterns, or components and then makes the statement that their bike is restored. V/r Shawn
Only 3 words in your response pertain to me. “ I prefer to” are those 3 words.
Thanks for your input.

Different strokes for different folks man, that’s all I’m saying.
I’m gonna do what I want either way, pleasing others has never been a priority of mine.
Me either--I do what makes me happy. Just sounded like you were bashing those that want to do it a different way that's all. V/r Shawn

Me either--I do what makes me happy. Just sounded like you were bashing those that want to do it a different way that's all. V/r Shawn
No sir, the opposite is true. Some members here have the impression that other folks should conform to their idea of the “proper” way to do whatever they want with their own property.
I’m just part of the resistance

Yeah, everyone figured that out when you stripped the original chain-guards. Who cares. We got it.

Reactions: mrg
Back