When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 Straightbar build.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hang those og paint guards on the wall (or sell them here) :sleepy: and paint up some guards with no og paint. someone can probably use those on their OG bike :)oh ya, big guard with tank, small guard no tank, or Panther big guard, Hornet Deluxe small. Good Luck
I pay no attention to the paint or decals when I buy parts, just the condition of the metal itself. These were bought to be stripped & repainted for this project.

Just saying many cabers would love to use those on the OG bikes, can always paint something that OG paint hasen't survived ( plenty of those out there ), once og paint is gone its gone!, sorry for my opinion, I just want to save as many original bikes as possible.

Feel the Bern! Hahaha!
23E0455A-6A5B-475D-9378-58D3A487DCC3.jpeg

Last edited:
Digging your build. Like your idea of painting both chain guards and seeing which one works best. Here’s a before/after of my 51 straight bar that started as a D12 but ended as a D13 with light and trussrods added. Also proper dimpled fenders in perfect patina match. Original wheels were crunched so built up a sturdy set with 11g stainless spokes and beefy 26 x 2.35 blackwalls. Great rider!

D4A34CC5-8144-40E0-90EE-80E97173BA41.jpeg

78B4C348-B7BF-4157-AB26-3C856C5EABF2.jpeg

Digging your build. Like your idea of painting both chain guards and seeing which one works best. Here’s a before/after of my 51 straight bar that started as a D12 but ended as a D13 with light and trussrods added. Also proper dimpled fenders in perfect patina match. Original wheels were crunched so built up a sturdy set with 11g stainless spokes and beefy 26 x 2.35 blackwalls. Great rider!

View attachment 1003574

View attachment 1003575
I like it! I built my son & I two 1951s into riders from otherwise worn out bikes.
FD61158C-85E5-41CC-BFF8-81745C55EEF9.jpeg

Interesting, the blue BFG guard had no primer under the paint. Just blue over bare metal. Must have been a Friday example.

Change of plans on this build. Once I started stripping the paint from the frame I realized it was in rougher shape than I thought. I have another frame inbound, not sure what year it is though.

Change of plans on this build. Once I started stripping the paint from the frame I realized it was in rougher shape than I thought. I have another frame inbound, not sure what year it is though.

Rust pits to deep or dented?

Back