When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 Straightbar build.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I guess there's no reason for me to dilly dally any longer. I bought an inexpensive striping tool and did this to an old rim with some model airplane paint. Guess I need to bite the bullet and pray that I don't make a mess out of things.
IMG_20190402_145100933.jpg

IMG_20190402_145153936_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

That looks good to me! Post pictures of your progress please, I’ve been thinking about buying a striping tool myself.

Have a rag and some lacquer thinner handy. If you make an oopsy wipe it off and start again! Good luck and look forward to seeing your results--I have one of those tools along with a Beugler as well. V/r Shawn

The guide that was supplied with the kit was useless as far as dealing with the spokes. My solution was to find the right sized nail, clamp it into my vise, and make a guide of my own. I probably should do something to the head of the nail so that it won't scratch the paint. I'll keep you informed but right now I've got three other bikes that are torn down and need for me to get them back together enough to store them. I'm in the middle of using some body hammers and dollies to straighten some peaked fenders. That's going pretty good so far. I'm to the point now where I need to do a guide coat of paint, sand, and see if I need to skim some filler on them.

Back