When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 WF Super Need Wiring Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Alienbaby17

Finally riding a big boys bike
A few years ago I bought a WF Super at a garage sale. It was 95% complete but someone had started to do some work on it so a few little things were disassembled or missing.

I’m at the point now where I’m trying to get all of the electricals working. When I opened the tank there was no battery and lots of disconnected wires. Because this bike had a horn, headlight and turn signals originally there is kind of a lot going on in there. I do automotive wiring work on a nearly daily basis so I’m definitely not afraid of figuring it out. I just need a little direction.

What kind of battery would this have originally had? The holder is big like it might possibly have had a lantern battery? What voltage? 6? 12? Other?

Anyone have one they could take a picture or two of the inside of the tank?

Thanks, Jay

0A9B172C-8A77-4814-80EF-ED5ACDEB8017.jpeg

If it has any of the bulbs intact I would check their base for operating voltage and wattage draw. I would take an educated guess and say it was most probably a 6v lantern battery. If the bulbs are marked 6v 4w than they should be able to handle 12 v okay.
Personally I would just do a restomod, and update for efficiency while maintaining the original appearance.
Swap out and accomidate for a lighter rechargeable battery, tie in a set and forget plug to charge the batery from or a voltage regulator to charge from a wheel mounted 12v genny, replace bulbs with led and an led specific blinker relay.
Gets a bit pricey-ish, but IDK everyone has there niche

I’d actually like to get everything back to stock, or at least working with a potentially lighter, more modern smaller battery- but I have no problem going stock. I don’t think this one is going to be a “keeper” for me and having the electricals sorted out seems to be a selling feature people want.

I’d actually like to get everything back to stock, or at least working with a potentially lighter, more modern smaller battery- but I have no problem going stock. I don’t think this one is going to be a “keeper” for me and having the electricals sorted out seems to be a selling feature people want.
Well I know lantern batteries are becoming harder to find....like Dcells. Everything keeps being either made with rechargeable built ins or to run from the smallest battery possible.
You might check Lowe's or similar though but definitely check for the operating voltage/wattage of the bulbs. There has got to be someone around here that knows enough about those types to be able to spit out a bunch of dead accurate info without guessing, but I have learned to caution and question anything that don't seem quite right in terms of accurate info

Back