When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950s Champion Sports 3-Speed project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Groundhog

Look Ma, No Hands!
I picked up a dirty and semi-crusty Champion bike at the local Habitat Restore and spent a few hours cleaning it so far. Have to say, I'm impressed with the survival of the chrome. The candy apple paint really glows. Only immediate concern was a stripped pedal hole. In a moment of brainlessness I decided tapping the crank from the back side would produce the requisite left hand thread (ugh). Now waiting on a left hand tap to come in the mail so hopefully I can salvage the crank. Anyway, turned out to be a nice-looking bike and should be good once cables are trimmed and rest is lubed up. Hoping to ride daily again now that weather is cooling down.
IMG_9565.jpg

FullSizeRender(2).jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender(1).jpg

Last edited:
Sorry it took a while to get pics up and in the right forum section. Other than the pedal issue and basic maintenance, I'd like to get the reflective tape off the headbadge decal (the tape is printed with the same design but it's pretty faded. Wonder what the safest goo-gone type stuff is to do so and avoid harming the decal?
FullSizeRender(4).jpg
FullSizeRender(5).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!
I saw a Robin Hood in person for the first time at the swap meet in Hershey a year or two ago- great bike and headbadge! I guess painting one red would make it a 'Will Scarlet' edition :)

Back