When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1950s? Hawthorne

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode

Skip Montanaro

Look Ma, No Hands!
I was here last fall asking about this Hawthorne a friend gave me. I gave the suspension parts an Evapo-Rust bath, but other than that, it's just been sitting in the garage. I decided that this bike is just too far from my wheelhouse and it deserves a better home than I'm giving it, so it's time to move it along to someone who can appreciate it. I have some more pictures (mostly from last fall) in this Flickr album. I'm happy to take more pictures of any details you think would be interesting.

I'm looking for $300. If you think I'm way off-base, feel free to make an offer. I would prefer not to ship it. I'm in the Chicago area and can travel a reasonable distance (200 miles?) to avoid the hassle of shipping. If shipping is unavoidable, we can work something out.

Here's what it looked like last fall:

48769182868_c8f303a2ab_c.jpg

Here it is with its sorta derusted suspension:

49902364533_1b4a6119eb_c.jpg

It comes with some parts:

49903185117_4ec73e30e8_c.jpg

49902364333_9a2a79009f_c.jpg

It also comes with a pair of new rims (not pictured).

Yes. Let me take a few more pictures, at least one with everything included in one frame. One of the saddles' frame was badly welded. That was definitely not done by Jerry. He's a welding engineer at a nuclear power plant. If he'd made the repair it would have been a work of art.

Give me a couple hours and I'll have more detail.

Yes. Let me take a few more pictures, at least one with everything included in one frame. One of the saddles' frame was badly welded. That was definitely not done by Jerry. He's a welding engineer at a nuclear power plant. If he'd made the repair it would have been a work of art.

Give me a couple hours and I'll have more detail.
ok,send me a pm.

Back