When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950's M/W Schwinn Phantom Value question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
looks like a resto done by a non bike guy, looks descent from a distance but not to a collector and not to OG specs, has a lot of mismatched nuts & bolts and hard to tell if all the rims are og S2 with the knurling polished away or repop ( boys rear ? ) and the 6 hole racks are not right along with other possibly repop parts, not to mention seat & pedals. sense they were your dads why not just ride and not worry about how authentic they are or not, look like good cruisers or for a novice collector.

Last edited:
looks like a resto done by a non bike guy, looks descent from a distance but not to a collector and not to OG specs and the 6 hole racks are not right along with other possibly repop parts, not to mention seat & pedals. sense they were your dads why not just ride and not worry about how authentic they are or not!
Because they more than likely want to get rich off them 🤔

Both bikes have wrong seats and pedals. The paint is the wrong shade and not a pro level job. The girls should have a '55 serial or it isn't a Phantom. I'd value these for what the parts would bring --which would likely be more than if sold complete. V/r Shawn

Because they more than likely want to get rich off them 🤔
Oh no, I guess we will have to withdraw our offer on the home we have under contract with these bikes as the down payment. Maybe they will take my training wheels from this forum as collateral. Better yet maybe I could come live with you so you could teach me some of your obvious wealth of knowledge. Not just about bikes but also about reading people minds on small niche forums. That is such a priceless skill, I don't think I could ever possibly repay you.

To the rest of the helpful replies, thank you. I came here to possibly learn something about these bikes. I appreciate the info and learning just a bit about all the little details. It isn't about the money but it is about understanding what we have good or bad. Thanks

I have no doubt that considerable expense went into restoring the bikes..but I do notice big red flags
like reproduction fenders, wrong seats, and paint work that is not accurate as far as layouts etc.
Again...no doubt much was spent.
The key is an honest representation of what they are when it goes to sales time.
I see bikes like this constantly listed on ebay or elsewhere as MUSEUM QUALITY
100% original....
The bike hobby is too small and there just aren't enough people around the country to
notice the issues with the work done on the pair.
Still nice. Still shiny. Still some value....but as we often say here..."funky restorations"
Still some good value there...Wouldn't doubt 1500-2G for the pair range regardless

good luck with the sale!

Back