When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950's Schwinn Cycle Truck

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Now Parting Out! Will list new Posting
Zipcode
Based on parts shown, I'd go with '57. The sign plate used to belong to one of the CTs that passed through here several years ago.
REC

That is the serial number posted by Callahooney. Unfortunately it was used in those three years. Only thing I see that might date the bike is the Lucky 7 chain ring, those were used in the 60's and the late 50's so I'm guessing it's a 1957 model. The badge ghost looks like the Cycle Truck badge to me. Not much else there to date the bike, and I seen no chain guard. Maybe @REC can pick something up that's specific to one of these three years. Color appears to be Light Red.
Ahhh ok. Well since it’s missing so much, I don’t know for sure what I’ll do with it. But it might be modified slightly while still representing a correct CT. Just stoked to finally have an affordable one.

The signplate on the '54 CT it used to live on. This bike was my lesson on why you don't buy stuff from a "Museum"... The rear fender off this bike weighed nearly 10 pounds. It was about 95% body filler!!
Curious to see what you have in mind for your project!
REC

@REC I’m excited to get some more pieces and start mocking it up. I can tell you this, I’m not going to spend a fortune and restore it to original condition. It will be a mildly modified rendition built to be fun and functional while keeping true to the vintage, industrial theme. I love it’s weirdness. It showed up today. I also bought the fenders a day later so they’ll be here tomorrow. Started hanging parts on it this afternoon at work.

F5FC64B6-4A0B-4B34-9D31-DFC11EDD7F73.jpeg

C1322511-5CF5-475B-9608-71C9B5FBAAE6.jpeg

7B08BD97-86F9-457F-AE04-FEFABE039356.jpeg

Cool. If you're going to change it up a bit, I have a cool old school Workman trike with a front 20" heavy duty front rim with a built in atom style hub with drum brake. Resembles the Krate front wheel but 20". I'm also planning to list a set of Heavy Duty Schwinn knurled S2's, good condition but front rim has 1 small ding on the bead, hardly noticeable- see pic. . Also have a Schwinn style S2 rear atom hubbed/brake rim too (like on the cruiser 5), but it doesn't have the 5 spd rear cog. Have had these rims for more than 25 yrs. Bought them from a shop that closed yrs ago.

20200413_155154.jpg

20200413_155145.jpg

20200413_155141.jpg

20200413_154942.jpg

20200413_154932.jpg

Back