When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950s straight bar tank bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
Looks like a pretty decent saddle Looks like it should be comfortable, too bad it doesn't seem to work for you.

Yeah I don't really dig the rack, so I'll be looking for something more fitting. Boris, I might have changed my mind on the saddle. I readjusted it again and it seems way better. I jumped on my other bike and my go to hairpin saddle didn't seem that great. I think I haven't ridden a "wide" saddle in a while so it threw me off.

Since the frame is early post war the head badge screw spacing is shorter than the 50's models and that winged Schwinn head badge was used primarily on the lightweight models. The springer fork with the pivot bolt thru the fork legs came out on the 1955 models. Have fun with it!

Should I be looking for a 6 hole rack?

That depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you plan on making the bike a factory correct model or look like one, I'd say it needs a 9 hole carrier. As the bike is equipped now it resembles the DB97XE or the later model D-19, AKA the Hornet.

1627139224669.png

@GTs58 I am still trying to find some clarity on year of this frame, if that is even possible and Schwinn using the number multiple times doesn't help. With the SN (B58705) on the BB, the fat bar frame, @Obi-Wan Schwinnobi mentioning it might be a '47, I am confused to say the least. Can you help Wiz?

Back