When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950s straight bar tank bike

-
@GTs58 I am still trying to find some clarity on year of this frame, if that is even possible and Schwinn using the number multiple times doesn't help. With the SN (B58705) on the BB, the fat bar frame, @Obi-Wan Schwinnobi mentioning it might be a '47, I am confused to say the least. Can you help Wiz?

The first pre post war & post war serial number prefixes used starting in 1945 were H I J K. These were also used prewar and war time. They are not left overs, frames or otherwise. Then A B C D and E into 1948. There were also a few other letters thrown in here and there to make things interesting. I going to say your serial number was stamped in 1947.

Check out Obi-Wan's post #3

Hoping to join in on some Sunday rides in my area and maybe get some eyes on the bike too.
This Sunday August 1st is the Cyclone Coaster monthly ride. Junipero & 4th St. Long Beach; 10-ish 😉
Next Sunday the 8th, is the Circle City monthly ride: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/circle-city-monthly-ride-orange-ca-aug-8th-2021.194539/
A bunch of knowledgable bike folk, and Schwinn "Detail" types too.🙂
Welcome!
We may have crossed on the bike path HB, one-way or the other.😀
Have Fun!
1627298584170.png

Back