When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946 BFG Dx

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode
Why do you think it's 1951? I thought the general belief is that Schwinn started over with "A" serial numbers when they resumed production after WWII, so I would guess "A" to be 1945 or '46. I'm still learning, so I want to know if I've got it wrong.
Schwinn did throw in some AXXXXX numbers in the pot in 1951. Looking at the BB joints, I'd guess 46, they got a little better looking later on but this piece doesn't have the tapered stand.

Schwinn did throw in some AXXXXX numbers in the pot in 1951. Looking at the BB joints, I'd guess 46, they got a little better looking later on but this piece doesn't have the tapered stand.
I went back and checked and you're right. "H" serial numbers all year long until November and then "A" serials start popping up. I'm going to have to look at my DX again!

Last edited:
I went back and checked and you're right. "H" serials numbers all year long until November and then "A" serials start popping up. I'm going to have to look at my DX again!

The A-B-C serial numbers are a PITA. Schwinn was still learning the Alphabet and it took them a long time after all their repeats.

I believe the kickstand was replaced at one point and time ... its probbally off a 24” bike cause its real short and when bike is in the resting position it leans almost 30degrees ... its a cool bike and thank you for input .

Bob

Back