When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1951 Black Phantom Excelsior

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The badge is likely original but I can’t say the same for the seat or chain ring.
Seat is not original. Was on the bike when I bought it. I have a new refurbished original Phantom seat to install that I just got from Bobs Cycle. :)

65B6DB1A-0CF8-4A31-BB69-0926B7E60EF2.jpeg

The Schwinn headtubes were made and drilled before they were used to build a frame and there were some 1950's bikes that had the small hole spacing. 1950 ushered in the large Schwinn oval headbadges but two hole spacings were still used on the headtubes. The smaller spacing was shortly deleted a few years later. This happened at the time that Schwinn was changing the marketing practices of their bikes and deleting many of their previous retailers. The Excelsior badge is a total freak on a Phantom, and I've heard rumors that some were black market remakes.

Back