When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1951 Rudge Aero Clubman #125

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

wrongway

I live for the CABE
I couldn't resist this one. I have been wanting a sort of rare Clubman bike like this. It needs.....some work, but mostly cosmetic, I think. I'm wondering if some of the paint can be brought back while saving the transfers? I think all of the bike is here. The front fender is, but not in real good shape, but neither is the rear one. The serial number is on the Bottom Bracket and is: 60686 BD.
CLUBMAN1.jpg

CLUBMAN2.jpg

CLUBMAN3.jpg

CLUBMAN4.jpg

CLUBMAN5.jpg

CLUBMAN6.jpg

Thanks! It seems to be all complete and correct except for the pieces of fenders. I tried polishing up the chrome on one of the forks and it looks like it will do well. The front wheel axle might be tricky, though.

Wow! I see why you want to clean up the paint, but those transfers are in a class by themselves. That has the makings of a beautiful bike!

Here is what I've come up with and where I'll probably stop with the cleaning. I used some light steel wool and WD40 first and then some polishing/rubbing compound and a cloth. I followed it up with wax. I used Chrome Polish on the chrome after steel wool. I think this is as good as I'm going to get it. Now to re-assemble!
ORANGE01.jpg

ORANGE02.jpg

ORANGE03.jpg

ORANGE04.jpg

Back