When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1951 Schwinn BA-607 "B6" bring back from the dead...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks everybody for the kind words...I'm sure some of you have embarked on the 'full' restoration and
know how time consuming and labor intensive it can be, always a treat to see the finished product tho.
In over 40 years of being a vintage bike nut I've only seen 2 original bikes with the chrome option springer...
most people I guess just didn't want to step up for the flashy upgrade...
Schwinn eventually decided late 50s? early 60s? to make ALL springers chrome...lol.
I DID NOT KNOW CHROMED FORK ARMS WERE AN OPTION.
I MISSED THAT ON FIRST GLANCE!
THE WHOLE BIKE JUST GLEAMS!

I believe Geoff Greene has a copy of the ad in his Heavy Weight book. If memory serves it is from '49. I've never seen another reference that tells what years this was available. I know in '49 especially you could fully pimp a B6 with the Phantom style rack w/light and seat (no rivet) as well as the chrome fork option. In fact I have all the parts and paint to do one in this color combo along with dual drums. V/r Shawn

That’s a beautiful bike ! Please tell me you plan on riding the tires off of it! I did a 49 b-6 this year but it was mostly original. The choice was made to keep the original paint and clear coat it! These early bikes are awesome!

21651A9F-FFD5-407A-8252-D70C533CFACA.jpeg

A67F2756-8485-4148-B06B-62EDC197B12A.jpeg

Most enjoyable trip for me is the 'bring back' of dead or housepainted, rusted or pieced together
bikes where the only way to go is Up.
Cobalt Blue / Robins Egg with the optional Chrome spring fork that appears in Schwinn catalogs as
available for 'extra cost'. S-2 wheels that chrome plated nicely, NOS tires and original NOS Delta
Schwinn taillight... full rechrome, nickel and cad of all bright work and automotive paint, 100% restore.
I'm always amazed looking at any restored bike and picturing the kids often barely able to
climb aboard these 60+ pound monsters, cruising these beasts back in the day.

View attachment 1382130

View attachment 1382131

View attachment 1382132

View attachment 1382133

View attachment 1382134

View attachment 1382135

View attachment 1382137

View attachment 1382138

View attachment 1382139

View attachment 1382140

View attachment 1382141

View attachment 1382142
What a noble endeavor; to resurrect things of quality and beauty, and expand the number of people who can be delighted by them.

A very beautiful piece. Well done!

Most enjoyable trip for me is the 'bring back' of dead or housepainted, rusted or pieced together
bikes where the only way to go is Up.
Cobalt Blue / Robins Egg with the optional Chrome spring fork that appears in Schwinn catalogs as
available for 'extra cost'. S-2 wheels that chrome plated nicely, NOS tires and original NOS Delta
Schwinn taillight... full rechrome, nickel and cad of all bright work and automotive paint, 100% restore.
I'm always amazed looking at any restored bike and picturing the kids often barely able to
climb aboard these 60+ pound monsters, cruising these beasts back in the day.

View attachment 1382130

View attachment 1382131

View attachment 1382132

View attachment 1382133

View attachment 1382134

View attachment 1382135

View attachment 1382137

View attachment 1382138

View attachment 1382139

View attachment 1382140

View attachment 1382141

View attachment 1382142
The reason these were such a tank to ride is the low pressure tires they had back in the day. I run 45-50 psi in my wide whites and it makes a nite and day difference. This works for me. Enjoy and RideOn. Razin.

The reason these were such a tank to ride is the low pressure tires they had back in the day. I run 45-50 psi in my wide whites and it makes a nite and day difference. This works for me. Enjoy and RideOn. Razin.
You are right. That is why they are called Balloon. Pumped up with low pressure. Just enough to inflate a large tire

Back