When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1951 Schwinn Black Phantom

-
I TEND TO AGREE WITH FREGMAN AND HOTROD.
THE FENDERS LOOK LIKE OLDER REPOPS THAT DID NOT HAVE AN EXTRA REFLECTOR HOLE.
THE TANK ALSO REPOP
THE LOCK LOOKS OUT OF ORDER AND NEEDS REPAIR AND KEY.
THE PEDALS LOOK LIKE REPOPS
TAIL/BRAKE LIGHT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS BEEN WORKED ON.
ALL SAID IT WOULD BE DIFFICULT TO PUT A REALISTIC PRICE ON THE BACK WITHOUT
CLOSER INSPECTION. MOST LIKELY WOULD BE A RIDER RATHER THAN A SHOW BIKE.
THIS WOULD BE IN THE PRICE RANGE OF $500 TO $600.

WES

I TEND TO AGREE WITH FREGMAN AND HOTROD.
THE FENDERS LOOK LIKE OLDER REPOPS THAT DID NOT HAVE AN EXTRA REFLECTOR HOLE.
THE TANK ALSO REPOP
THE LOCK LOOKS OUT OF ORDER AND NEEDS REPAIR AND KEY.
THE PEDALS LOOK LIKE REPOPS
TAIL/BRAKE LIGHT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS BEEN WORKED ON.
ALL SAID IT WOULD BE DIFFICULT TO PUT A REALISTIC PRICE ON THE BACK WITHOUT
CLOSER INSPECTION. MOST LIKELY WOULD BE A RIDER RATHER THAN A SHOW BIKE.
THIS WOULD BE IN THE PRICE RANGE OF $500 TO $600.

WES

Wow, really? That low? Haven't seen any in that price point that aren't in really bad shape.

I was told it does come with the key and is original other than re-chroming (as far as he knew). With that being said, they might have bought it from someone 20 years ago and not have known any different themselves(?) Looking it over the only thing that stood out to me as being non original was the seat and petals. You are way more qualified than me though, so thank you for the feedback!!

Value depends on location and model...being a black phantom, parts are always suspect and that can hurt value. In areas where bikes are popular, value goes up. Since the bike is out of your area, has to be shipped, and may have some repop parts, price is affected...at least on your end, seller might feel different

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm almost certain the bike is a repaint. Personally I'd hold out for something more original to include paint. There are plenty of original Black Phantoms out there and a little patience should get you a decent bike at a decent price. It might not be as "shiny" though. V/r Shawn

I can see reproduction fenders, but overall decent quality restoration paint job with some nicks and chips...
Tail light also looks original which is rare to see on the myriad of quicky phantom restorations out there
where repop off the shelf is an easy go to grab.

Not a bad looking bike, but repop fenders always kill it for me on those bikes and opens up the
worm can..."what else is repro on the bike"

Still not a bad bike...even 1000 probably not out of line...

Back