When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1951 Schwinn Hornet...Just Brought it Home...

-
Nice bike, you did real well for the money spent! If you want to part with the batteries, i would pay $25 shipped.

Lol...you realize that they're dead, right? 😁

I know, just another piece of History to keep alive because everyone threw them out and no one has them. Sure, you can have them. I'm not taking any money from you. Just PM me your address and I'll send them out to you in the next couple of days.

Lol...you realize that they're dead, right? 😁

I know, just another piece of History to keep alive because everyone threw them out and no one has them. Sure, you can have them. I'm not taking any money from you. Just PM me your address and I'll send them out to you in the next couple of days.
That's damn cool...I love Cabers

Any chance you’d want to sell the teacup light? 🤔 In keeping it original, the fender light would be sufficient?

@Rivnut Not sure if I'm going to keep or sell that. First head light/horn combo I've ever had. Regardless, it's being removed from the bike.
I'm finishing up on the two Raleigh's I recently bought, so I can't wait to get started on this one! 😎

@HARPO I think that’s a low/high beam light. I can’t see a horn in it unless it’s not visible in the pictures

@HARPO I think that’s a low/high beam light. I can’t see a horn in it unless it’s not visible in the pictures

I haven't tested it out yet. I'm going under the assumption that the "gills" on the back of the light are for sound, as is the button to make a horn work. Also, I figured that the lever on top would be to just turn on the light.

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

I'm finally getting to the Hornet! 😛

Check out the inside of the tank. Not bad, but look closely. They lost a screw years ago to hold the horn in place...couldn't find one...so they used a twig, LOL! 😆

There's a sticker on the rear carrier that shows its been here in Nassau County, at least for a number of years before it was packed away in the garage. I'll remove it, but I'll have a pic to show what it was.

The saddle cleaned up pretty nicely with some Fantastic and a toothbrush, scrubbing until it looked like a different seat because it was so dirty.

And as I'm cleaning the paint with Fantastic, I decided to take some Polishing Compound to see what the front fender would look like. Nice! Totally different green than I would have thought.

IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

Back