When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1952-53 Schwinn Streamliner Rare color

-
Can't wait to see it next to my bikes.

Had an unequipped chartreuse/black back around 2010, it was a pretty rough rider with a stuck stem so it went to a guy in Phoenix who had a few of them.

A couple of years ago there was a complete one like the seller's here on the Quad Cities CL for $400. Had all the stuff and decent paint but I was too lazy to make the drive for it. I kind of regret that now...

I really gotta start putting my pennies away for days like this. I'm not a Schwinn person by any means but this is the second one since I've been in the hobby I admire enough to want in my own stable.

Erin

Has anyone ever seen a chartreuse DX?

Seriously, this pattern is so much better than any of the common 50s Schwinn paint schemes that I wanna see the black/pastel in more colors:

50s Schwinn powder pink, baby blue and mint green.

And one in the 80s Schwinn Yo Scooter Ice Mint color too, just for fun.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever seen a chartreuse DX?

Seriously, this pattern is so much better than any of the common 50s Schwinn paint schemes that I wanna see the black/pastel in more colors:

50s Schwinn powder pink, baby blue and mint green.

And one in the 80s Schwinn Yo Scooter Ice Mint color too, just for fun.

I’ve never heard of a dx in this color. I’m pretty sure all 50’s dx’s had the same scallop paint scheme though. The darts was prewar only as far as I know

Back