When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1952 Hawthorne for trade (or sale).

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kevauxtonic

Look Ma, No Hands!
I bought this 1952 Mens 26” Hawthorne, shortly after moving back to Central California in 2008.
Ive done VERY LITTLE to her-other than swap out the cracked and well worn White walls
Overall shes as solid, and as straight as they come, although I dont think the front rim is original? The peaked fenders are especially straight. The tank is pretty sweet, and has no rot. The original Delta horn connected to the original 6volt battery tray STILL WORKS!! Theres an unknown area on the underside of the tank where i believe the Original Delta Headlight w/ visor was originally connected to the 6volt power supply within? The battery tray inside thecis still very clean, and works when 2 D batterys are installed.
The guy I bought it from was the son of the original owner, who thought he remembered his Dad saying that he repainted it himself some time in the early 1960s, but couldn't be sure?

Id like to trade for a prewar Schwinn project, or a 100% complete straightbar postwar Schwinn, (panther/ hornet/ wasp?). Not interested in ANYTH AFTER 1954, OR ANY MIDDLEWEIGHT SCHWINNS EITHER. Must be solid prewar or balloon era. Sorry!
Im building my 36? Motorized Schwinn, and need everything but the frame, forks, or gas tank. Depending on the bike I get in exchange, I may leave it as is, (depending on condition and if it came from someone who would rather not see it cannibalized to finish my project), and f another donor bike for my motorized project.
I also need a (preferably) vintage whizzer setup for my build, or even a Cruzzer setup. Dunno what they go for or if anyone would have one for trade, but am open to trade for s setup as well.
When it comes to putting a monetary value on her, or a “sale price”, all I can say is that ID MUCH RATHER TRADE, always, even if its for a less expensive Schwinn. However, I know the rules say we must put a price in our classifieds. So Im going to go with a $700.00 obo cash value, plus you pay shipping. Please feel free to PM me if you think I should adjust my price either way. More pics available upon request.
7d4a11dc4a47ab89b1472939a7e06515.jpg
1c9a2b8ccd83a13c5eb37771546b25b7.jpg
043764978232d72ef74c4d5c913eb5a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Since you wrote a novel ... in which you explain that it doesn't ride right, d needs hub work, and high school kids have messed with it....maybe you would trade for a 26" balloon ? (I have several colors)

Since you wrote a novel ... in which you explain that it doesn't ride right, d needs hub work, and high school kids have messed with it....maybe you would trade for a 26" balloon ? (I have several colors)

I thought being honest and upfront was more important than “getting over” on someone? Apparently, Im alone in that belief? Thanks for the offer though. Id certainly hope a CLOWN would have several colors of balloons to choose from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back