When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1952 hetchins assembly update

-
-----

That would be Harding's Westwood Cyclery on Westwood Boulevard - just a few blocks south of the UCLA campus.

In addition to Hetchins the shop was an agent for Raleigh, Carlton & Peugeot. They also had a house brand Harding badge, cycles produced for them by Holdsworthy.

Charlie Harding closed the shop about 1990-91 and moved back home to Ireland for his retirement.

Purchased me first road machine there in 1965 - a white Peugeot model U08.

The loft above the cash register was a wonderful repository for many first quality vintage framesets and fittings.

-----
Thanks for helping my memory. Harding's. Yes. I was sort of ignorant back then but I recognized beautiful bikes. Rode my Ideor everywhere for miles back then. That neighborhood has seen some major changes! That traffic is not for bikes anymore!

Thanks for helping my memory. Harding's. Yes. I was sort of ignorant back then but I recognized beautiful bikes. Rode my Ideor everywhere for miles back then. That neighborhood has seen some major changes! That traffic is not for bikes anymore!

-----

Did me undergraduate at UCLA back in the mid-1960's (when dinosaurs still roamed the earth!).

Today one almost needs to be a Farsi speaker to negotiate Westwood. In the greater Los Angeles area each immigrant group seems to select one town in which to congregate; and for the Persians it is Westwood.

What model was your Ideor (one o' me fave marques)? Have owned four road and one track from maker Torello.

-----

Back