When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1952 Mickey Mantle card!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I remember in '85 when that card sold for $1,000. I was super into trading cards at that time and still have a number of boxes of unopened wax packs as well as Tops and Donruss sets from that time period.... They printed so many then they really have no value but I am lucky enough to have a number of good condition '56-'61 cards from my old man. Lots of greats during those years

Unreal price for cardboard

I collected all thru the 80’s and early 90’s and still have the entire collection. Been holding onto em in the small hope they will become something again some day.

Could you imagine growing up in Detroit, which I did in the 50's, and trading your Mantle card for a 53 Al Kaline card? I'm sure by 54 or 55 some kid in the area did it.

Last edited:

Crazy!
So, check those spokes guys!
That card you clipped on, with one of Moms clothes pins, might be worth a fortune!

Last edited:
Funny thing is, back when I was building my 59 Wasp Paperboy Special, I had a Baltimore Sun, courier bag, so I had a theme going with that bike.
I wanted to get a 1960 Baltimore Orioles baseball card for the spokes.
I went over to the local sports memorabilia store, and asked the owner what he had.
He pulled out a couple of cards, a Brooks Robinson, and the other, a team lineup.
I liked the idea, of the whole team, so that’s the one I chose.
I asked him how much, and he said $16.00 dollars.
Seemed like a lot for a piece of cardboard, but a small price to pay for the coup de gras on the Paperboy Special.
He was curious why I wanted that specific card, so I told him what I was going to do with it, and he cringed.
He said, that it was the type of card, that would most certainly appreciate in value.
Then I was on my way.
I did feel a bit guilty about wrecking such a nice card, so I put it in a sleeve, and then clipped it to the trussrod, for the look, but I never did run it through the spokes.
I have since sold that bike, and traded the courier bag to Tripple3 Mark.
I’m pretty sure, he still has it.
I think I gave him the Orioles Team card with it.
So, as far as I know, that card is still in memorabilia collectors condition.😜

Funny thing is, back when I was building my 59 Wasp Paperboy Special, I had a Baltimore Sun, courier bag, so I had a theme going with that bike.
I wanted to get a 1960 Baltimore Orioles baseball card for the spokes.
I went over to the local sports memorabilia store, and asked the owner what he had.
He pulled out a couple of cards, a Brooks Robinson, and the other, a team lineup.
I liked the idea, of the whole team, so that’s the one I chose.
I asked him how much, and he said $16.00 dollars.
Seemed like a lot for a piece of cardboard, but a small price to pay for the coup de gras on the Paperboy Special.
He was curious why I wanted that specific card, so I told him what I was going to do with it, and he cringed.
He said, that it was the type of card, that would most certainly appreciate in value.
Then I was on my way.
I did feel a bit guilty about wrecking such a nice card, so I put it in a sleeve, and then clipped it to the trussrod, for the look, but I never did run it through the spokes.
I have since sold that bike, and traded the courier bag to Tripple3 Mark.
I’m pretty sure, he still has it.
I think I gave him the Orioles Team card with it.
So, as far as I know, that card is still in memorabilia collectors condition.😜
Yes, still in the "Sleeve", "clothes-pinned" to the blinds,
in the "Clubhouse".
Never was into collecting cards.
If @dasberger OR @tacochris want to see it to make a "Trade",
send a message to me.😎
Thank you Marty @cyclingday for getting the "Sun" bag from Baltimore,
out to this "West-side" of this United States of America;
where Pacific Power & Light, positive "energy" is "Generated",
by countless HPVs of all shapes and Sizes....🥰
Saturday morning in Huntington Beach, near the "NEW" Power & Light plant: AES
There is something going on, down at the BEACH!!!🤓🥳🤩😎🥰
IMG_8470.jpg

75 miles pedal pedal pedal...
kids say "Why?"
"Exactly"🧐

Wow.

Alan Rosen aka Mr. Mint.

Baseball card folklore at its best.

That story has changed alot through the years.

Could have bought a mint 52 from him in 1984 at the Plymouth Hilton near Detroit. He couldn't give one away for 5k. Back then that was a lot of coin for a cardboard picture.

Pretty good ROI for the collector that sold it.

Great return for the taxman too.

Back