1952 nulli secondus hetchins update pics

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Oct 16, 2008
Seattle, United States
Finally got some nice white wall tires and setup the original excessories on the bike so here are a few new pics on her...still have to set the brakes and shifter cable. In the future. That’s it will be finished

Mr. Monkeyarms

I live for the CABE
Oct 30, 2018
Colorado
You have better will power than I. If all I had to do to take that beast for a ride is run cables, I would not be able to stop until spinning circles. :) What a great bike!

Reactions: redline1968

66TigerCat

I live for the CABE
Jul 12, 2009
Newton, MA
Ha..i know...its because i have a bad back.. bending down is not my best. I will ride though.
The clamp-on shifters can be moved up closer to the head tube ( you would need longer shift cables, of course). Then you won't have to reach so far. I also think some period correct bar end shifters would work well. Sweet rig, love the color combo.

redline1968

Oct 16, 2008
Seattle, United States
Thank you for the advise...i do Hate to change things.....Ill just enjoy the pain..:0
The clamp-on shifters can be moved up closer to the head tube ( you would need longer shift cables, of course). Then you won't have to reach so far. I also think some period correct bar end shifters would work well. Sweet rig, love the color combo.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

bulldog1935

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 21, 2013
Bulverde, TX
that's a good observation - Raleigh has a tiny triangular braze on to pin shifter band clamp, and it's only 4 inches from the head tube.

non-fixie

Look Ma, No Hands!
Jun 5, 2011
Yurp
I love that bike and the way it looks. But the one thing I would do is move the shifters up to where they are supposed to be. They will be easier to reach, and more importantly, it will look much nicer. :) The total investment won't be more than a couple of bucks and a few minutes of your time.

redline1968

Oct 16, 2008
Seattle, United States
Ok thanks .. ill see what happens. I placed it where the frame had some indication wear..i didnt want to scratch it...
I love that bike and the way it looks. But the one thing I would do is move the shifters up to where they are supposed to be. They will be easier to reach, and more importantly, it will look much nicer. :) The total investment won't be more than a couple of bucks and a few minutes of your time.

Reactions: 1motime

bulldog1935

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 21, 2013
Bulverde, TX
you can use "helicopter tape" on your frame underneath band clamps to protect your frame from scratches
My '57 Lenton has 10 band clamps, and my '74 International has 7 - used helicopter tape beneath all.

redline1968

Oct 16, 2008
Seattle, United States
Ill look into it thanks
you can use "helicopter tape" on your frame underneath band clamps to protect your frame from scratches
My '57 Lenton has 10 band clamps, and my '74 International has 7 - used helicopter tape beneath all.

Reactions: bulldog1935

redline1968

Oct 16, 2008
Seattle, United States
Thanks Derek haven’t done anything on it since but found more white cables. Working on my trans am now.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!