When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1952 or 1957 Chicago Schwinn type

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jennifer Parker

Wore out three sets of tires already!
This is a 1952 or 1957 Schwinn out of Chicago. Can anyone help me figure out which type it was?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

looks to be a mid 60's schwinn middleweight with wrong fork.the headbadge with chicago on the bottom came out in 65 or so.the chainguard is at least 59.
look for a faint marking on the chainguard for a model name.

The serial number is on the outside of the left back fork. C58406

You need to scrape the dropout a little. I think you may have missed a couple of digits in the serial number, possibly a letter at the start and a number at the end. Badge and guard look like 60s stuff. Wheels appear to be S-7's with 26 X 1 & 3/4 tires, and Island is right - that fork belonged to something else...

REC

Last edited:
That may be a 1966 Typhoon. If the serial number you posted above is all that is on the bike then I would say for sure it is a 1966 model. During the beginning of 1966 there was a serial number mishap and a letter was left off for some reason.

I got the rest of it!

That may be a 1966 Typhoon. If the serial number you posted above is all that is on the bike then I would say for sure it is a 1966 model. During the beginning of 1966 there was a serial number mishap and a letter was left off for some reason.

Thank you, everyone for the help! I've been ill, and unable to go play with that bike. It's a '67 Chicago schwinn, 26" tire, middle weight, Typhoon. The first latter was crusted over pretty badly. The full code is: JC58406
it has a Bendix red band 2-speed hub on the back. The rim is rusting away, but the hub looks intact externally.

Should I salvage it?

what will you take for the hub?

Thank you, everyone for the help! I've been ill, and unable to go play with that bike. It's a '67 Chicago schwinn, 26" tire, middle weight, Typhoon. The first latter was crusted over pretty badly. The full code is: JC58406
it has a Bendix red band 2-speed hub on the back. The rim is rusting away, but the hub looks intact externally.

Should I salvage it?

I would like to have a two speed

Back