When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1952 Schwinn cycle truck

-

Sir Padal Crazy

On Training Wheels
I have a cycle truck that was built in nov. of 52 . The bearings for head set are gone. Would anyone know what bearings should be there and who may have them.

Hola stay safe*!* as GT said Schwinn used different parts for some model others shares them!My humble opinion the first thing it's to verify the serial# for the year,some online sites are NOT accurate! If do you wants to be more close to the original parts or just a rider? The headsets from prewar to postwar they all fit in your bike it's up to you, the same as other parts,tires even colors*!* Here's some photos from the Schwinn books specifically the parts book its old but original,where you can read the specs!The B model part#2575= The black CT its for 40s & 50s photo! the others are examples for you!Hope this help you*!*

20200810_180940.jpg

20200810_173938.jpg

20200810_180711.jpg

20200810_180423.jpg

20200810_173910.jpg

20200810_174038.jpg

Hola stay safe! I found this headaet at ebay, check it or as the fellow caber said post it at the want section! Good luck!

Screenshot_2020-08-12-09-09-19.png

I sent a response on this thread, but can not find it now... Weird.
These bearings are available at most bicycle shops and can be switched out from other similar Schwinn products. The cups and races may be different in appearance, but the bearings can be used if they are the correct size. Check with a reputable local shop and see what you find. They may need to see what you have to get it right.... I'll see if I see any you can use as well, but need to see the headset you have so I can get it right.
REC

@Sir Padal Crazy

Hello Sir padal you can use the must modern type found in other bikes B style cup but not Hexagonal top nut,like the one in the blue bike photo,also you could use a regular set 2 cups Schwinn from the 50s era to continue your project*!* good luck & enjoy the ride*!*

Screenshot_2020-08-12-16-30-40.png

Back