When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1952 schwinn dx value?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Gavin LaMay

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I recently acquired a 1951 schwinn dx frame. The frame overall isn’t in bad shape except for the fact that there are three 1/2 inch holes in the frame for a motor of some sort, and the original paint is long gone. What a would a dx like this go for?

image.jpg
Pictures would go a long way for a value

please send me all the DX frames with 3 holes you have for $25.00 each. I will take every one you can come up with.

I paid $150.00 for a DX frame fork and headset. rusty but you can still see the scallops. I later told the guy I bought it from I was high on bicycle fumes when I bought that frame. he told me he would buy it back any time I wanted and resell it for more.

the holes would be a problem for people who lack skills. if you were local I would weld those up for free. I would advise taking a wire wheel to that frame if you were going to sell it. get it all down to pretty bare metal. if I were going to build a DX starting with a frame I would be happier than a bone chewing dog to find one for less than $100.00.:)

Last edited:
As you can see here in this thread, there’s a price difference between west coast and mid west/east coast. That difference is usually equal to the price of shipping.

Well there ya go. I’d offer it up for $95 shipped and see if people put there money where their mouth is. V/r Shawn

I think that frame is an excellent candidate for making a "fenderless Friday" rider. I see that you just joined the CABE and I welcome you. Look at all the cool bikes on the "fenderless Friday" thread and see if you're not inspired to make a neat- looking rider out of it.

Back