When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1952 Schwinn DX

-

Alienbaby17

Finally riding a big boys bike
1952 Schwinn DX men’s bicycle.

This was my personal rider but I’ve found a new project and need to let this one go. Over the last few years I’ve lovingly worked on and ridden this bicycle all over south Minneapolis.

It has a new nickel-plated chain, new tires and tubes and most bearings have been cleaned and re-greased. It’s ready-to-ride right now. Wheels are 26” but are not original Schwinn wheels. The wheels came off of a 1950’s Monark bicycle.

Paint has an awesome patina to it. Looks like a long time ago someone (presumably a child based on the quality) did some touch-up paint work to it but it’s been so long ago even that is looking cool and aged. Original paint may be underneath waiting for the touch-up to be removed.

Unique features include new cushy but retro looking hand grips, a Phantom sprocket, and a “Planes and trains“ Schwinn headbadge. Bike also features a red rear rack not shown in all photos.

Front truss rods are no longer on bike.

Not really interested in shipping but will drop off at a local bicycle shop of your choice for them to handle the packaging and shipping.
Otherwise can pick up in Minneapolis, St. Paul metro area.

$400

8A9D9C95-05F0-47BE-B427-72136965190E.jpeg

DFE5C6B1-DFE9-4763-A2F0-7591F071165C.jpeg

0031CEE1-B4B5-41E3-996E-64E0F23AC793.jpeg

Last edited:
Back