When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1952 Schwinn Meteor (Girls)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jrql71

On Training Wheels
Question: Is it worth spending $350.00 dollars to have a great quality paint job done on a 1952 Schwinn Meteor (girls) bike?
Or am I better off spending the 20 dollars on spray paint and primer from the local hardware store and painting it myself
The bike has no emblems or decals or any original paint left on it.
Not all parts/components are original.

I initially wanted to fix it up just to ride, because I love it and HOW it rides...not because it was an old bike from Schwinn. I did not want to sink a bunch of money into it originally. I then learned that what I thought was just a nondescript bike of no special "pedigree" is in fact an old schwinn. (I still don't know it that is anything special...)
The existing paint job is non existent. It is just down to a beige (base?) color all over.

Thanks for the input and advice!

The Turtle.jpg

I don't see anything Schwinn on that bike with the exception of maybe the frame.if you like the ride,then a rattle can paint job would be appropriate.no real value otherwise.

For that kind of money I would hold out for an original paint bike and just use spray bomb on that bike. You will be surprised by how much better it looks after some time and effort. Good luck!
'Shawn

For that kind of money I would hold out for an original paint bike and just use spray bomb on that bike. You will be surprised by how much better it looks after some time and effort. Good luck!
'Shawn

Thanks Shawn! I was really thinking this bike was worthy of spray paint. After a local guy suggested I get a $350 dollar paint job I started second-guessing myself and wondering if I didn't know what I had. Turns out...I did know; a great bike that I love to ride and already looks better with just the coat of gray hardware primer!

Back