When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1952 Schwinn ?

-

mopargeek

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I had a 66 Schwinn Panther middleweight and reluctantly sold it about 8 years ago. I was at an automotive swap meet last November and saw this and bought it. Serial # is F87917. skiptooth sweetheart crank, springer fork. tank has a dummy button where the horn would be. Bike looks deluxe, but has what I believe to be original paint on fenders. tank and chainguard have been repainted as well as the frame. most chrome parts are painted silver, I have not done much of anything to it except for whitewall tires and riding it around. I don't see any similar models with this bike's features. I'm thinking it could be a frankenbike with things added over the years, I know the light is not original, how about the seat? Rear rim is S2, although the front does not have any designation. Any help in identifying model etc. will be appreciated.

20201114_212035.jpg

20201114_212136.jpg

20201114_212052.jpg

20201114_212105.jpg

20210929_205907.jpg

Fenders look like they may be Wald after market fenders. I'd say it was made in November of 1952. It could be a Hornet or maybe a Panther if you can see chrome under the paint on the tank. The pedals look like the ones on the Panther I used to have. Barry

Last edited:
It could have been a Panther or a Hornet. No chrome under the paint on the tank would indicate a Hornet. The paint scheme detailing would also give you an idea which one if you ever strip that over paint. Fenders may have been replaced, they look pretty shallow.

Back