When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 CWC Roadmaster Flying Falcon

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

8men

On Training Wheels
A few years back I stopped at a yard sale, there was a bike in the front yard and I was curious.
After quick inspection I thought It would be a fun project, so I asked the question. How Much?
" Please take it." Ok!
I took it home and put if off to the side as I had several projects underway.
Over the past two weeks I've managed to find some parts, repair others and realized this bike has had some modifications.

1. The original brakes were removed.
2. The original wheels were removed (front and rear) and replaced with Schwinn 26", S7's and a single speed hub of which I believe is a Bendix. There are no numbers.
3. The headlight is gone but I ordered a reproduction.
4. The pedals were missing so I ordered some off eBay.
5. This is the big one! I'm missing the right truss rod. Saw the correct fork and truss rods on eBay a few months ago. Didn't buy it. As the saying goes: "If you see it and you need it, buy it. You may never see it again." So every time I look at the bike it says: "What the heck is wrong with you?"

I would like to take this bike back to original realizing that may be difficult. From what I've learned this was a, maybe, 2 year bike.
If anyone has parts or knowledge of parts, please let me know.

Thanks

IMG_2705.JPG

IMG_2704.JPG

IMG_2702.JPG

It might be expensive, but a good machine shop maybe able to make a truss rod for you, if an original can't be found. Just a thought.

It might be expensive, but a good machine shop maybe able to make a truss rod for you, if an original can't be found. Just a thought.
Thanks for your input. I have considered making my own but I'd like to keep it as original as possible.

Unless it's a different length because of the hand brake fork they used those struts on a few models in the mid 50's so should be some around, I sold a black/white fork/struts setup like that a couple of yrs ago. pic of a bike Handle Bar Hoarder is selling here now.
1615450416960.png

Last edited:
The frame and fenders are all that is left of the original bike.
But the good thing is that you have the parts unique to this model. Everything else was used on other models. Some of it will take some dedicated searching, but with patience and money you can find all of it. The calipers may be the hardest to run down, although you could possibly fit modern substitutes if you had to.

But the good thing is that you have the parts unique to this model. Everything else was used on other models. Some of it will take some dedicated searching, but with patience and money you can find all of it. The calipers may be the hardest to run down, although you could possibly fit modern substitutes if you had to.
Took it for a ride this morning. Forgot how much work a one-speed can be going uphill! Guess I was in better shape 61 years ago.

Took it for a ride this morning. Forgot how much work a one-speed can be going uphill! Guess I was in better shape 61 years ago.
Depending on the hill, even a 3 speed might not be enough. But 3 speeds are still better than one.

Back