When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Green Phantom Completed!

-

frankabr.

Finally riding a big boys bike
Found in East Tennessee, All original but for: Period Replaced Rear Fender. Repainted Period Rear Rack. Repop Rear Reflector, Repop Rear Rear Brakelight, Repop Seat. Repainted (original) front light housing.

Any comments appreciated.

F.A.

Attachments

• DSC_0610.jpg
    DSC_0610.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 105
Is It Possible To Find An Original Schwinn Key Blank?

Are original Schwinn key blanks available?, (for a locking fork mechanisms)? If anyone knows, Please tell me where I can find one.

Thanks, Frank

Are original Schwinn key blanks available?, (for a locking fork mechanisms)? If anyone knows, Please tell me where I can find one.

Thanks, Frank
Have a talk with Wes Pinchot AKA (((the fender doctor))) he can set you up nicely...

Thanks!

I appreciate the comments. It took work and effort, but it's a great feeling, sort of like rescuing a piece of history. I wonder if it's possible to do a genealogical search on a bicycle? Perhaps one could start with original sales records and work their way from there?

Best regards, Frank

I appreciate the comments. It took work and effort, but it's a great feeling, sort of like rescuing a piece of history. I wonder if it's possible to do a genealogical search on a bicycle? Perhaps one could start with original sales records and work their way from there?

Best regards, Frank

There would be quite a bit of luck involved. Recently there have been some great stories about finding original owners of their bikes. Searching for original sales records would be just as difficult one would think. Simply because the loss of sales receipts and the lack of cataloging serial numbers and what not. More often than not it's great to find a store sticker located somewhere on the bike...usually on the seat tube. If a bike has one of these stickers, and the shop or store is still in business would make an easier starting point. I would guess that somewhere, someone may at least know the store owner and seek out any info your looking for, but the truth is, they've sold hundreds of bikes and I'm quite sure they didn't retain any of the sale information.

If you can get in touch with the person you acquired the bike from, they may be able to tell you where they got it, and so on. That may be your best bet.

Mr. D

Back