When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Hornet Rat Rod

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

RatRodJames

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hey guys! first post. I just wanted to share my 1953 Schwinn Hornet "Rat-Bike" project. Here's a list of everything I've done and everything on it. The frame is a 1953 Schwinn Hornet, when i got it, it had about 4 layers of house paint on it, the wheels are from the late 1950's (i think) it has a New Departure model "D" rear coaster brake, Dunlop front springer fork, Schwinn Whizzer gas tank, a Chinese two stroke kit, and a hand made drop stand. This bike is my baby, i have hundreds of hours into building it, (and rebuilding after a crash) and couldnt be much happier with the way it's turning out. Mods, if this is in the wrong place, i would be quite appreciative if you would move it.
x73I8Zp.jpg

Hi-

Welcome to the Cabe! Always like that turned down boardtracker racer look with the handlebars.

Ok guys so i'm having a bit of trouble, I cant figure out what kind of fittings to use on the gas tank. It's a Whizzer tank, i just need to know what kind of thread it has on the outlet. I'm trying to make a brass or copper fuel line.

Got some new handlebars on her, also, dont have a pic, but i made a copper fuel line, and stained the dropstand belt, also, finally tweaked my exhaust so it doesnt hit the frame anymore, and added a better clutch handle

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

brass or copper lines will crack with vibration,you might wanna use somthing else

Wow, been a long freakin time since I've posted. Here's a recent pic. Got an upgraded pipe and a few other odds and ends. The guitar leaning against it is one that I just built.

IMG_6659.JPG

Back