When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Monark Silver King Super Deluxe

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

deadseamonkey

On Training Wheels
Hello,

Looking for information on my dad's bike. It's a 1953 Monark Silver King Super Deluxe, or at least looks just like one. Here's a picture of one I found on the web:

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k539/nickinator1/attachment-2-4_zpsc776bf84.jpg

He received it as a birthday gift in 1953. His recollection is that he has one of an edition of 48 bike, one for each state; Firestone tires was doing an anniversary promotional, and one Firestone delaer per state received one. He has Pennsylvania's. I can't find any info on this aspect of the bike, I'm just going on his memory from 60 years ago, he would've been 15.

Otherwise, the bike looks like the one in the photos. Other than the tires, it's original. No rust on the chrome, but the handlebars were starting to get some surface rust, so he sanded and repainted. The horn and lights do not work. Otherwise, its in very good shape.

Any information about this would be appreciated, and well as relative value.

Thanks,
Tom

It would really help to see pics of his bike. Condition is everything. V/r Shawn

Back