When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Panther Reclamation

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks for all of your compliments. This has been a really fun project so far. Speaking of which...wife is out with her friends and I put my son to bed EARLY! Bike Time!!! Tonight was spent on pedals, chain, and rear wheel. I rebuilt the Bendix hub which was my first non New Departure and it was quite simple in the end. I picked up a chain from npence a while back and it cleaned up nicely. I soaked it in Simple Green for a day and then gave it a 24 hour bath in Evaporust. Here is the before:
IMG_5175.jpg

And After...

IMG_5174.jpg

I even tore into a set of pedals for the first time...down to cleaning all 20 bearings! By the way, Evaporust is an amazing product. Here are the pedals that I started with:
IMG_5173.jpg

and after...

IMG_5172.jpg

I'm getting really close and am hoping to finish the panther up this weekend.

Wow. You made the right decision and kudos to your patience on letting it all come together. This looks awesome. Nice job - like everyone I am anxious to see the finished product.

Finito!

...drum roll please...the finished Panther is unveiled...

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5183.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

I'm really stoked with how this project turned out. The bike came out better than I expected and not only does the bike look rad, it is the smoothest riding Schwinn I have. Sorry about the last pic, I can't make it appear correctly on this site...super frustrating :mad:

I love it. Always liked the two tone green panthers. Red tires look great with the green too. Give yourself a pat on the back. Great job.

Back