When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Rollfast

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I got my second one today, it has the large tank and bottom cantilevers and since the Hawthorne bugeye tank fits it perfectly I would guess that Snyder made the frame. I may have a chainguard, if it's that same as the one for Tempest then I have a spare, minus the rear bracket and the front mount.

This is from a site where I found one much like mine and then the frame I bought from Hawthornecrazy. If I can get ahold of a member who had some wheels and tires, all I have to do is get a chain on it as I have the handlebars I like and grips and a seat came with it plus I have some tank lights, courtesy of Bicyclebones.

I may get to ride it just after Valentine's Day if all works out!

5Id5U05Jd3k63M73L6c3v92f0f900be2a15e357rollfast.jpg

I let him keep the original tank to sell as I wanted the tank with lights.

Rollfast.jpg

tank.jpg

I need to find my camera and start a thread!

I love the sprocket design on these bikes. I have one with the crank and bottom bracket components for sale. PM me if you want it.

I got my second one today, it has the large tank and bottom cantilevers and since the Hawthorne bugeye tank fits it perfectly I would guess that Snyder made the frame. I may have a chainguard, if it's that same as the one for Tempest then I have a spare, minus the rear bracket and the front mount.

This is from a site where I found one much like mine and then the frame I bought from Hawthornecrazy. If I can get ahold of a member who had some wheels and tires, all I have to do is get a chain on it as I have the handlebars I like and grips and a seat came with it plus I have some tank lights, courtesy of Bicyclebones.

I may get to ride it just after Valentine's Day if all works out!

View attachment 265517

I let him keep the original tank to sell as I wanted the tank with lights.

View attachment 265518

View attachment 265519

I need to find my camera and start a thread!

Are you interested in selling the green Rollfast......I sent you a private message, check your inbox.

Looks great! Schwinn had an exclusive patent on the cantilever frame design, it didn't expire until 1958. So, your bike is at least a later 58, but not likely newer than 1962.

They had a large cantilever opening frame that I've seen on eBay as being from 1966, it's like mine and takes the Hawthorne 'bugeye' tank (which I'm using), and I have posted a picture from another website c.2011 of the same frame with a chainguard very similar to the one I have on Tempest, which I'm going to use on the new bike.

It's interesting that this one has a guard kind of like a Columbia? By the middle 60s you might have more Rollfasts like the Aerolite, which is a sister of a Wards' Hawthorne...I also saw an AMF named a Rollfast ROADMASTER on eBay that suggests they swallowed a lot more of the industry than I thought and maybe this was the last hurrah for the brand.

I really do need to get that Rollfast reference book this winter.

Are you interested in selling the green Rollfast......I sent you a private message, check your inbox.

I responded, that's not me...I just posted some pics to this thread and the green one I posted came from another site I found in a search...it's a reference picture for my project...which I expanded into my own thread in Project Rides as I indicated I would.

Thank you for your quick response. The search continues for my green late 50's Rollfast......very frustrating. I'm not getting any younger !
ARCH

Snyder closed in 1976. DP Harris, who owned the Rollfast name, contracted with AMF to finish out existing bike orders,

Back