When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Rudge questions

-

Siestabikes

Finally riding a big boys bike
i have the chance to buy this bike for cheap money. its a 23" frame which may seal the deal. the front gen. hub rim is scalloped while the rear rim is not, are the wheels original to the bike (date code is 53 on hub). internet searches of other 1953 Rudges put the bike in that era...front light, same fork crown, graphics ect

Buy it and then show us some pictures..... Please :grinning:
Doesn't seem mismatched wheel set would be og, maybe owner upgraded it with the gen. hub?

I gave it a bath and shined it up a bit. Put some grease in the rear hub, headset, the drive side of the front hub, replaced a broken spoke and trued the wheels. Seems like the fork is bent in but rides well. left crank may also be bent inward as i only have about 4mm of crank to chainstay clearance.

20190210_160353.jpg

20190210_160409.jpg

20190210_160401.jpg

20190210_162020.jpg

It's a nice find, especially because it's a tall frame from Raleigh/Rudge's best years. You can buy reproduction pumps online (I think I got my last couple from Niagara Cycle or Amazon). The fork and the crank are fixable. Good bike.

Back