When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1953 SCHWINN BF GOODRICH 26” STARLET RARE EARLY MODEL ORIGINAL SURVIVOR

-
Price
$795
Zipcode

bill b

Finally riding a big boys bike
TIME CAPSULE!!!! Untouched All original except replaced new repro typhoon whitewall tires, early original paint scheme with no repainted or replaced parts, nice original chrome, center stamped S-2 original chrome wheels, horn and front light both work, no battery corrosion strong 9 original condition. Prefer local pickup but will consider $175. To pack and ship via bikeflights to 48 states, carefully disassembled and foam packed in 2 bicycle boxes. Thank you, Bill

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Bill
One super nice-looking Starlet you have here.
Question I have is ... you say "original" paint. Okay but why the 2 different color "pinks"? I have both Blue & Pink models. Neither has this issue yours has. Looks like it defiantly has been repainted in some areas. I say this because a tell tail sign is just looking@ the lower "pink" chain guard boarder. Has the 2 pinks running together & the tank & fender stripes are totally different color then the Rocket light/rack, even the front end of the guard.
Tank & fender stripes are almost a "Peach" shade. Faded maybe? Not trying to offend you @ all, just think it's had some paint work done @ sometime in its life.
Honestly love it better if it was all that Peach color. It be sitting in or on its way to my house in NY. 👍

I think someone SHOULD do one in the PEACH color looks killer imo. Maybe I will, have enough extra parts to give it a shot
Probably get blasted for this but does anyone else see this issue? OR is it my screen color!

Last edited:
Hey Hoagie,
Definitely All original paint, must have had a different batch of paint that faded and aged differently, happened also on the Schwinn dark red models.

That is gorgeous. GLWTS! I also collect antique toys. Mainly tinplate cars made in Japan. Sometimes the parts ( roof, or another piece that is not part of the unit, but attached later) of the same color have different shades. It is not a repaint but just painted with a different batch of paint, possibly at a different factory, different day, less coverage, etc. An example would be a black and white Police car. Ok, so the body is black and white, usually is the same, but the white roof may not match the white on the body. It's hard to tell in this pic, but the roof does not match the white on the body.

IMG_3167.JPG

Back