When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Schwinn Black Phantom -Dallas/Ft.Worth Area

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

53Phantom

For Sale: 1953 Schwinn Black Phantom 26" boys bicycle. This bike is in superb condition adn has been recently "refreshed" and serviced. It is all-original with the exception of the seat ,pedals, tank, rear reflector, and battery tray in the taillight. The reproduction parts are genuine Schwinn from thier 1995 reproduction Black Phantom. I have a set of reproduction Phantom Wald handlebars on it now but, the original bars are included and in very good condition. New Schwinn Typhoon Cord tires have also been installed. The paint is all-original and in excellent condition although I did paint the taillight housing because it was very rusty. Accessories added include a Schwinn generator headlight and dual taillights, and Schwinn Stewart-Warner speedometer. The bell pictured is not included as it is a family heirloom. The rear New Departure Model D hub has been completely re-built and the coaster brake works perfectly. The bike rides like a Cadillac. Super nice bike for cruising or for show or display. Considered by many to be the most beautiful bicycle ever built, this was a very expensive bike when it was new and generatlly reserved for the rich kids on the block. You could not begin to restore one of these for this price. Priced at only $1200.00. Here are a list of features:

Locking Front Fork with original Keys
Springer front suspension
26" x 2.125" Balloon tires (Schwinn Typhoon Cord Whitewalls)
Cantilever Frame
New Departure front and rear hubs
Genuine leather seat
Tank with horn
Front fender mounted headlight
Rear Rack
Rear tailight
Schwinn Generator with dual tailights and headlight
Vintage style Chrome hubcaps (new)

No shipping on this one. I am located in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. I am more interested in prewar bikes now, especially Elgins and may consider a partial or full trade, depending on what you have. Thanks, Cliff

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 320
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 768
Yes it is. Its my baby. I dont need to sell it but, if someone wants it, I can take the money and buy another prewar.

Folks, did I price this one too high? I thought it was a bargian at $1200.00 considering what I have invested in it. Feel free to make me an offer. I am easy to get along with : )

iam going to sell some prewar bikes,the only elgins i have are girls,but there is a couple or 3 old boys motor bikes out there.i think some harthowns and and a very early crown. bikes like that.scott knows where i stay

Back