When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Schwinn World Traveler very original

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$200.00 obo
Zipcode

Chuck A

Look Ma, No Hands!
This bike is as I found it, never restored and looks like it was well cared for. The chrome on the fenders has been rubbed to the point where the copper underneath is showing. The decals are nice and bright with minor scuffs and dings, nice large cap bow pedals, original generator headlight set up, all correct hardware with the AS where it should be, Seat is split in the middle at the seam, very nice blue chubby hand grips, SA 3 speed shifter and alloy 1953 dated SA hub, Bike was built early in September of 1953, Front tire looks original Straight Side Sports Touring, Rear tire has been replaced with a later model Schwinn and shows hardly any wear, Clean kick stand, Wheels are original, Paint is very nice with minimal scratches n scrapes, Brakes work fine with one shoe missing from the rear, rear reflector is there and in good condition as well, the brake cables are original and working, the shifter cable is black and may have been replaced at some time, beautiful blue with "Traveler" on the chain guard, I have ridden the bike and it rides beautifully, shifts fine, tracks straight and no odd noises. Also has the really cool "winged" headbadge and the glass lens Union headlight with side spears and red top plug, tail light is also union with a glass lens. I think the only thing missing from this bike is the black saddle bag that hangs behind the seat.

I know it is a ladies model, so the price is pretty much based on the value of the parts and accessories. It should be kept as delivered, but I understand it may become a donor for a men's model. I am located just 20 miles West of Columbus, Ohio right on I-70. Asking price is $200.00

Lots of photos available, let me know if you want to see something specific. Don't hesitate to ask questions, I'll answer quickly.
Thanks for looking!

Chuck

3 Speed Hub.jpg

Bow Pedals.jpg

Chain guard.jpg

Chubby grip.jpg

Front hub.jpg

Generator.jpg

Grips.jpg

Head badge.jpg

Head Light Top.jpg

Hub chain detail.jpg