When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I just took the serial number off of the bike and inserted it into one of those serial number look up sites. bike history is the one i used i believe.
Yep that site sucks for dating a bike use the charts here or other places on the net. What is the serial? Located on the drop out? V/r Shawn

I just took the serial number off of the bike and inserted it into one of those serial number look up sites. bike history is the one i used i believe.

That serial look up site is flawed and most of the time it's wrong on the 50's and early 60's numbers. What is the serial and where is it located? I'm guessing it's under the crank since that frame is older and has the built in kickstand. The 53 does not.

J92747 on the BB would be a 1945 or possibly a 1946.

That serial look up site is flawed and most of the time it's wrong on the 50's and early 60's numbers. What is the serial and where is it located? I'm guessing it's under the crank since that frame is older and has the built in kickstand. The 53 does not.
yeah it is under the crank at the bottom of the bike. serial is J92747

wow that is very good info to know lol. So would it make to the same model still?

Nope. Same style bike but different name and model number. The 53 would have a Spitfire decal on the chain guard. Early post war they were still the D97X (E)

1620628432155.png

Back