When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Scwhinn meteor

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lochanc37

On Training Wheels
im selling a 1953 schwinn meteor
Screenshot 2018-08-29 at 5.02.02 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-08-29 at 5.01.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-08-29 at 5.01.27 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-08-29 at 5.01.08 PM.png

all orignial please contact me if wanting more information

And how can u tell? I really know nothing about bikes my friend gave it to me before he passed and said it was all original, so I appreciate you letting me know just curious how

Sent from my N9136 using Tapatalk

The Schwinn catalog for '53 is online--the Meteor is not equipped like this. The light and rack are not even Schwinn items. It would help if you post both the serial number and a pic from the other side of the bike showing the chain guard. V/r Shawn

Yeah, no, he's right; light and rack not Schwinn. And that chain guard is not what's illustrated in the catalogs, nor a tank. The meteor is just a standard bike with painted wheels while with tank and larger chain guard it would be higher classed features. Not to say it couldn't happen B/C it's really all about a label on the chain guard or badge, everything else was availed as upgrades in Schwinn shop. . What you actually need to do is start an 'help me ID my 50's Schwinn' topic in the Classic Balloon Tire Bicycles 1933-1965 forum. : https://thecabe.com/forum/index/classic-balloon-tire-bicycles-1933-1965.9/ Find your serial numbers post 1952 in rear, just above the brake arm side, above the wheel/axle bolt. Or earlier under the bottom bracket, (the cylinder which the peddle arms, crank is held) and go.

Last edited:
Back