When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Scwhinn meteor

-
Well your guess is wrong, it's a meteor! Not a hornet! Untouched original from original family!!

Well, like I said, your bike is a straight bar frame with a tank and carrier and the Meteor was an unequipped cantilever frame. No Meteor's were made after 1953. This is the third time that I know of that you miss identified a bike, two you listed here for sale and you won't admit you're wrong until three or more members inform you that you are wrong. Remember this one? https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/58-schwinn-corvette.129516/

Here's the price sheet for 1955. The 1953 Meteor was model number D-12 and in 1954 the model D-12 was renamed the Wasp. Where is the Meteor name on the 55 list?
topicclosed.gif

1955.jpg

Well, like I said, your bike is a straight bar frame with a tank and carrier and the Meteor was an unequipped cantilever frame. No Meteor's were made after 1953. This is the third time that I know of that you miss identified a bike, two you listed here for sale and you won't admit you're wrong until three or more members inform you that you are wrong. Remember this one? https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/58-schwinn-corvette.129516/

Here's the price sheet for 1955. The 1953 Meteor was model number D-12 and in 1954 the model D-12 was renamed the Wasp. Where is the Meteor name on the 55 list? View attachment 868372

View attachment 868373
People I got it from have a picture of uncle Frank on his brand new'55 green meteor in front of the shop he bought it at in 1955, so again you are wrong! But keep clogging this guy's post!

People I got it from have a picture of uncle Frank on his brand new'55 green meteor in front of the shop he bought it at in 1955, so again you are wrong! But keep clogging this guy's post!

GTs58 is one of the most knowledgeable people on the CABE when it comes to Schwinn bikes. Calm down and pay attention and you might learn something from him. The only thing Meteor specific about your bike is the decal on the chainguard. Its entirety possible and plausible that the chainguard was swapped out for one reason or another before the bike was purchased. But your bike is not a Meteor regardless of what the chainguard says, but it does fit the description of a 1955 Hornet. Let's leave it at that before this guy's for sale thread gets locked, and if you want, start your own thread about whether or not your bike is a Meteor.

Back