When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1954 24” Tiger

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mister56

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi I’m Ralph and this is my 1954 Tiger. My sister bought this for me over 30 years ago for two dollars. It’s been in storage till yesterday. The back tire still holds air. The brakes say made in Switzerland. The rear hub is totally covered in oil and dirt. I was able to wipe some of that gunk and it’s like brand new chrome underneath. I’m trying to decide what to do with it. Clean it, restore it, chop it, make a low rider out of it, I don’t know.

Last edited:
Looks like a 26" but could be a 24" F20 First year Tigers were 1955 even though it has 54 serial #..... I am always on the lookout for 24" MW's. PM me you are interested in selling.

It's very possible that is actually a 1954. These were on the streets in June 1954 in very small quantities. What's the serial number? Could be one of the first middleweights that Schwinn produced.

Hi I’m Ralph and this is my 1954 Tiger. My sister bought this for me over 30 years ago for two dollars. It’s been in storage till yesterday. The back tire still holds air. The brakes say made in Switzerland. The rear hub is totally covered in oil and dirt. I was able to wipe some of that gunk and it’s like brand new chrome underneath. I’m trying to decide what to do with it. Clean it, restore it, chop it, make a low rider out of it, I don’t know.View attachment 1661676
The worst thing you could do for value, and collectability would be to chop it and make it a lowrider. If you want to sell it PM me with a price and we may work something out. I’m in Carlinville Illinois.

Hi I’m Ralph and this is my 1954 Tiger. My sister bought this for me over 30 years ago for two dollars. It’s been in storage till yesterday. The back tire still holds air. The brakes say made in Switzerland. The rear hub is totally covered in oil and dirt. I was able to wipe some of that gunk and it’s like brand new chrome underneath. I’m trying to decide what to do with it. Clean it, restore it, chop it, make a low rider out of it, I don’t know.View attachment 1661676
Boy that is an early one, if it was yours and has sentimental value just clean it up and start riding. It is your bike and in the end the decision is yours what to do. You will get both sides of the coin when you ask. If you desire a lowrider chopped bike I would suggest another bike. There seems to be plenty of interest in it and bikes that have already altered are plentiful. Either way good luck

The Weinmann "Made in Switzerland" brakes are probably correct for this bike. The "Schwinn Approved" versions (still made by Weinmann but marked for Schwinn) were later. The brake lever in your picture was introduced around 1955, the earlier bikes had the previous style (picture below), but yours may have been replaced at some point.

IMG_3100.JPG

Last edited:
It's very possible that is actually a 1954. These were on the streets in June 1954 in very small quantities. What's the serial number? Could be one of the first middleweights that Schwinn produced.
The serial is LO7178. After I reached the last layer of grease mushrooms the hub is stamped 56.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back