When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~1954 Arrow Cycle Co cruiser

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bicycle Museum of America

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi folks.

Here is a request that we received that I was hoping you could help with.

"I'm looking for info on a bike I just acquired. It has an Arrow USA badge on the front & a serial number of 5436853. I believe this may mean the bike was manufactured in 1954. I'm having a hard time finding info on the internet about the company. There are some Ebay items with "Arrow cycle co" & an address in Chicago but the bike has a sticker underneath the frame with Olney, IL on it. The Chicago address doesn't come up with much upon search, as it's been a hospital since around 1905 in that location. I'm kind of lost!

Please see the attached photos. I'd like to find out if it is rare and ultimately see if there is anyone who would be interested in adding it to their collection. A good start would be identifying what it is! It has a worn sticker that may say Z-450 and the word Tradition on the side.

If you have any info or could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated!"

Z450.jpg

Mesinger seat.jpg

Serial number.jpg

Olney  IL sticker.jpg

Arrow USA badge.jpg

1954 Arrow cruiser.jpg

Hi folks.

Here is a request that we received that I was hoping you could help with.

"I'm looking for info on a bike I just acquired. It has an Arrow USA badge on the front & a serial number of 5436853. I believe this may mean the bike was manufactured in 1954. I'm having a hard time finding info on the internet about the company. There are some Ebay items with "Arrow cycle co" & an address in Chicago but the bike has a sticker underneath the frame with Olney, IL on it. The Chicago address doesn't come up with much upon search, as it's been a hospital since around 1905 in that location. I'm kind of lost!

Please see the attached photos. I'd like to find out if it is rare and ultimately see if there is anyone who would be interested in adding it to their collection. A good start would be identifying what it is! It has a worn sticker that may say Z-450 and the word Tradition on the side.

If you have any info or could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated!"

View attachment 1680838

View attachment 1680839

View attachment 1680840

View attachment 1680841

View attachment 1680842

View attachment 1680843
This looks later than 1954, more like the '70's. AMF had a factory in Olney IL from sometime in the mid-'60's, and while I'm not familiar with their later models, that's one possibility to check.

The headbadge looks to be stuck on with dbl sided tape. If the saddle is original, it is a rubber pull over cover means mid-late 50s thru 70s original pedals? Reflectors means later than 69-ish. Look for date codes on things like hubs, tire sidewalls, crank between the bearings, handlebar under the stem clamp etc.
My guess is 70s especially considering the cataloging sticker under the crank. Is the sticker paper or vinyl? Vinyl means even later....
Probably AMF
$40 bike.
I could be wrong about 70s but it's definitely not 50s

Back