When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1954 Jaguar Replica

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

patrick

Look Ma, No Hands!
As you know, or not know, the Rat Rod Bike Buildoff #6 is going on. And I thought I should show the bike I'm working on. I haven't made much progress, but the bikes are do in August.
I have a '57-'58 Schwinn Jaguar and always liked the look of 3 speed ballooners. I finally found one in rough shape but the seller wanted $100 for it so I kept on looking, until I decided to build one and might as well enter a build off while I'm at it.
I'm trying to make it look exactly like a '54 Jag so its pretty much a restoration, aside from my non-Schwinn parts and 6-speed cluster on the back. So I don't know how well it will score in the votes on a custom site.
So I thought I should post it here because it would fit in better.
I'll post my progress but for now this is all I got...
mockup1.JPG

Here's my inspiration.
1955-schwinn-jaguar.jpg

Here's a link to the build off- http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=41296

Last edited:
Wow akikuro, that's my dream bike. Well at least one of 'em. Those three speed ballooners have to be the best setup for a bike...EVER.:eek:
After this build I've been tossing around the idea to make a roadmaster flying falcon. Or maybe restore one, but I think they're rarer than a Jag.:(
1954 roadmaster flying falcon fs 1.jpg

Here's a quick mock up of the bike so far. Still have to add the seat, brake levers/cables, and headlight. I'm thinkin' green but I'm always changing my mind.:rolleyes:
Throwntogether2.JPG

Its looking like a Jag.

'54 Jag

I finished up "fabricating" and I can now take it apart to paint. I'm thinking about making crashrails for the seat but I can deal with that later.
bikecomplete4.JPG

When I'm done with this it should look like it just rolled out of the Schwinn factory in 1954 ( hopefully). :confused:

Paint/ Frame and Forks

I decided on an emerald green for the color.
Here are some pics of the frame and fork.
third coat.JPG
third coat2.JPG

I still need to add the decals and clear coat before I can assemble.
But it should be done, or close, by the end of next week.:cool:

Decals

I recently got the decals on and forgot to post pics.
Here they are...
jaguardecal.JPG
jaguardecal2.JPG
jaguardecal3.JPG

Now I'm finishing up painting the guard and light. Then I can pinstripe, clearcoat, and finally be done.:cool:

Back