When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1954 Opalescent Green Schwinn Phantom! Last of "bells n' whistles".....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
There's always the chance they got swapped out... This particular green bike being a 54 would have definitely had the leather saddle...
I have seen quite a handful of post 55 bikes with vinyl seats

Bob, is it true that some of the 1955 green phantoms were coach green and some were opalescent green? I know your post mentions 54, but I thought 55 was the transition year when some bikes were made like the style of those in previous years and some were of what was new at that time (seat, fork, colors, etc).

I want to say after 1955 is where they went opalescent green. Metallic Colors were then offered.. red & green. Black stayed the same.

I have seen 1955 models, non locking, smaller sprocket, 6 hole rack etc in coach green. @atencioee

I'm guessing earlier in 55, there were also models with the locking fork, larger sprocket, and in coach green too, right?

I have one with a serial # that dates the bike to 3/14/55. It has been restored by a previous owner...it's in coach green, locking fork, larger sprocket. I was concerned the paint wasn't correct though because I didn't know exactly when Schwinn went with the opal/metallic greens and when the previous owner restored the bike, some of the parts used to restore the bike are not correct, such as the pedals, rims, and I think fender braces are wrong too.

20181121_142539.jpg

That would be hard to prove it was infact coach green before getting restored.

Could be either or

I would say if the buyer likes it.. who cares what people think. The first I would do is figure out if the tank, fenders etc are original parts that were re-chromed or repop. That would then put you in a better place of value.

With what is pictured, I can tell you the blocks are repop. Not sure on the end caps...

@atencioee

I will take that off. You mentioned something about the front drum? What is the front drum?

Back