When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1954 Phantom She's Back, And In Phoenix

-
I believe her dad or another relative piped up here and said it sold-we all knew that was BS! More than a few knowledgeable people here provided sound advice on value along with comps but it was certainly lost on them. V/r Shawn
I believe that, what's going on with her and the bike are a combination of two things that happen a lot in collectibles.

One is there's a lot of people hunting and some will take advantage of people's ignorance to cheat em out of worth, which causes many to be very hesitant to bargain. The other is the 'My grand, so and so, relative had this as a kid and told grand-ma all about it'. This woman's story and misunderstanding, mixed into the muddy water of family lore is nothing new in the collectible hunt. Don't be surprised when stumbling across that cheap Black Phantom from last year that somebody's 80 year old widower says; her husband had it when he was 12 years old. I mean, Grandpa can tell grand ma, who hasn't a clue. "That's the same bike I had at 12 years old." And after he's gone, insists, not because she's senile or Alzheimer's, that, it's that old.

if only there was a place where people could go online with bike questions and get good honest answers to those questions. that would be cool.;)
That would be great, too bad have those on here that repeat everything other's say as if it was there own or first to say it.... LoL

I would have thought the fool would have finally gotten wise as to the value of this bike.

Back